AWSs user-focused web solutions, robust database management capabilities, and overall flexibility make it the perfect choice for your membership needs.
The Dermatologic Society of Greater NY was founded in 1924 and is one of the largest regional dermatologic societies in the United States.
It conducts monthly meetings, quarterly events, and an important, annual, resident competition. Dues were collected annually. Meeting announcements were created and mailed on a regular basis.
Member data was kept in Excel spreadsheets. Member administration relied heavily on manual paper work and phone calls.
- Member data was often out of date since all updates required members to fax, mail, or call-in changes. Those changes were then manually keyed in by association staff; sometimes resulting in data entry errors.
- Updates to website content had to be done through a third party consultant. It was often out of date and stale. This also added to the ongoing cost of website maintenance.
- Events announcements and annual membership renewal reminders were sent via US Mail. Cost of producing, printing, and mailing, including paper, labels, and postage was in the thousands of dollars per year.
- Communication to members was done primarily through mailed announcements. Often, there were events and other announcements that had changes after the letter went out. Staff would try to proactively notify members, but often there would be members who didn't get the message.
- Annual membership renewal reminders were mailed back to the association and included check payments in most cases. Some members would forget to include payment and would have to be sent a reminder.
- The process for accepting new member applications was convoluted and time consuming. New members had to send in an application, once accepted be billed, send in their annual fee and only then would their online information be sent to a third party consultant to be entered online.
This association began using AWSs Association Web Software in January 2004. Now its member data resides on a single database that can be updated by the members themselves through a simple, password protected log-in. Current members can pay their membership dues online using their credit cards to pay instead of mailing in checks. The system also allows new members to easily apply online, make a payment and quickly receive a confirmation of the status of their application. Members can now be contacted without delay via email news bulletins. Website articles are managed with no trouble through AWS's content editor by the organizations staff.
AWSs Association Web Software has provided this association with the proper tools it required for its management needs, delivering optimum results and resulting in greater Member and Administration satisfaction and improved returns.
Our clients have found AWSs Association Web Software to be a solid asset enabling them to expand their Membership base with very little marketing efforts and capital, enhance the user and Member experience, bring renewed interest to their organization and their Members and also facilitate the management of Members and Memberships; all this while at the same time significantly eliminating ongoing costs.
View these solutions here: http://www.dermsociety.org